Bed and Breakfast Accommodation in Kingswear, South Devon
When you come to the cooking school, you may be travelling some distance and will probably want to make an accommodation booking and/or a short break here in beautiful South Devon. There are lots of lovely places to stay but we recommend booking as soon as you have confirmed your course as lots of other people want to come down here too! Some recommended places to stay are below –
- The Granary at Fountain Violet Farm – a fabulous conversion for 2; phone Emma to book on 01803 752363. New glamping tents available as well
- Kaywana Hall – very stylish, luxury B and B in Kingswear run by Tony and Gordon
- Raddicombe Lodge – very reasonably priced B and B a couple of miles out of the village.
- Dart Marina Hotel – Riverside luxury, a top spot in Dartmouth.
- Low Tides – a contemporary flat in a large new house overlooking the river up by the Higher Ferry
- Nethway Farm Cottages – five beautiful cottages in a hidden valley in the heart of the South Hams, just up the road.
Places to eat
Although you’ll be well fed here at the cooking school during your course, you will probably want to make a couple of dinner bookings while you are here. Below are some of our favourites, all easily found via a Google search. Booking essential especially in the summer months –
- The Seahorse, Dartmouth – outstanding seafood restaurant on the South Embankment.
- Andria, Dartmouth – modern British bistro serving small plates so you can try lots of different dishes.
- The Wine Loft, Brixham – good for early evening nibbles and a fab glass of wine or 2.
- Rockfish – more great fish and seafood, in Dartmouth and Brixham.
- The River Shack – relaxed dining right on the water in Stoke Gabriel.
- Rosa, Dartmouth – informal bistro dining, classic Italian and French influences.
Why come to South Devon:
- To enjoy South Devon AONB
- To Visit National Trust Properties at Coleton Fishacre and Greenway.
- To walk the amazing South West Coast Path.
- To watch birds at Slapton Ley or Berry Head.
- To hit the beach.
- To visit beautiful Dartmouth.
- For our brilliant festivals.
Dartmouth and Kingswear are stunning destinations all year round. There is always something going on and a collection of great restaurants for all tastes. Come and find out why we love it so much.