Private Classes, Corporate Events and Demonstrations.
If you want to spend a day or more cooking with family or friends in a relaxing atmosphere with expert tuition, Manna from Devon is the ideal place. Whether you are a work group, hen party, a book club, a college reunion, or just friends wanting to learn together, we can create a class to fit your exact requirements. Just call or email and we’ll start planning.
Contact us to discuss your ideal day. Here are a few cooking class ideas:
All around the Mediterranean
Tapas – bite size perfection.
Woodfired Oven Cooking
Cooking for Children
South East Asian Cooking
Cakes and Pastry
All workshops will be custom built to suit your ideal needs and can take place here in our custom-made cooking space. It’s also a great space to get together for a celebratory meal – perfect for an alternative Christmas get-together.
Corporate Events and Team Workshops
David has worked in training and development for 15 years, and still works as a team and leadership development consultant to a number of companies. His experience means that he is intimately aware of the needs and requirements of corporate and teambuilding events. We can run corporate events for up to 15 people at Fir Mount House at a very cost effective price. Here are some ideas of how your day might run, but each event would be tailored to meet your exact requirements:
- A relaxed morning of demonstrations followed by lunch. A pressure free reward for a hard working team.
- A day of hands-on cookery tuition. Learn together as a group, get to know each other and share a common experience outside the office environment.
- A challenging day of tasks for your team. We turn the heat up with a series of challenges for the team, providing expert input along the way. The team will need to work together, communicate, learn and apply their learning, organise themselves effectively and demonstrate initiative and resourcefulness. By the end of a full day the team will have produced a top class dinner which they can then relax and enjoy in the Fir Mount House dining room.
- Wine and Food Matching. Prepare the finest food, match it with the finest wine and eat it in the finest company. We will bring in a wine expert who will teach you how to choose wines to match your meals.
We are also able to offer off site corporate and Team Events at a location to suit your group.
Recent Clients: Opun, Deer Park Country House, Morso UK, The Forestry Commission, Beohringer Ingelheim, Cancer Research UK, American Express, Ridgeway School, Slow Food Movement, Soil Association, Dairy Crest, Astra Zeneca, Aga UK.
Contact us to find out more about group or private bookings.
We regularly give cooking demonstrations and talks on a wide variety of subjects. This can range from wine and food matching taster sessions, bread making demonstrations, pizza making workshops with our mobile pizza oven, to fish masterclasses.
We have worked with schools, WI groups, reading clubs and many other special interest groups. Our talks are always inform
ative, light-hearted and usually involve tasting some rather delicious food.
Talks and demonstrations can take place at the school but we are also able to run talks, demos and cooking classes at alternative locations and have delivered classes in holiday homes, restaurants, private homes, village halls and at food festivals across the country.
If you would like to discuss an an activity at the Cooking School or an alternative
location please call us on 01803 752943 or email email@example.com
Recent events include:
- Woodfired Oven Demonstrations at Exeter Food Festival
- Aga cooking Demonstration at Garton King Aga Showroom, Dart Farm,
- Fish talk and demo for Slow Food Devon.
- Fish demo and tasting session for WI at Ashprington Village Hall.
- Catch and Cook Mackerel; Day with Torbay Cost and Country Trust.
- Bread Making Demo at Bristol Food and Wine Fair
- Bread Making Demo at TransylvaniaFest, Romania
- Pizza Workshops at Love Food Festival, Bristol.
- Asian Cooking Evening with local Womens Group at the School.
- Wine and Food Matching evenings at an independent wine retailer.
- Wood Fired oven training at The Ru Inn, Tresco
- Bread making classes for WI at a Village Hall.
- Thai Cooking, Occombe Farm
If you would like to discuss an an activity at the Cooking School or an alternative location please call us on 01803 752943 or email in