Wood Fired Oven Cooking: Intro To Wood-Fired Ovens (Suffolk)
“…without wishing to gush, if you are getting a wood burning oven you really should do the Manna From Devon course. In fact, I’d say it’s essential”
Xanthe Clay – Daily Telegraph Food and Cookery writer.
New to wood-fired cooking? Struggling to get to grips with your oven? Or maybe you’re just wondering if wood fired cooking is for you?
Our new class is the perfect introduction to a wonderful way of cooking.
. The class is ideal for anyone who already has or is planning to buy or build a wood-fired oven.
What Does the Class Cover?
We’ll use the two ovens to demonstrate the full versatility of wood-fired cooking and to give you a complete picture of how to get the best from your own oven.
Wood fired ovens are perfect for pizza but can also do so much more. We’ll show you how to use them in many ways :
- Perfect Pizza: making dough, shaping, topping and baking
- Cooking Fish: Grilled fish with herb oil.
- Vegetarian: A brilliant Goan vegetable curry.
- Roasting: Spatchcocked chicken with vegetables. , super crisp roast potatoes, stuffed aubergines.
- Grilling: Woodfired grilled Steak..
- Baking: Oaty spiced apple crumble. Bread rolls.
We know from experience that using your oven to maximum effect takes a little getting used to and we’ll pass on lots of useful information such as:
- How the oven actually works.
- Siting your oven and looking after it.
- What woods to use to fuel the oven.
- Lighting the fire and heating the oven .
- Measuring and controlling temperatures.
- Cooking utensils and other essential equipment.
Who Is this Class Suitable For?
This course is definitely for you if you –
- Are thinking of buying a wood-fired oven and are researching the best type for you.
- Have just bought an oven or are expecting one any day and want to get off to a good start.
- Have an oven but aren’t sure if you’re using it correctly – maybe you can’t get it heated up properly, get the fire going or make anything more than pizza.
- Have an oven already and want to get much more out of it.
- Have bought a house with an oven and need to get started with it.
- Are building your own oven and want to know how to use it once you’ve completed the build.
The class is always sociable, great fun and a combination of demonstration and hands-on learning. We cook a lot of different dishes during the day and naturally we have to try them all.
Each course is limited to 10 places. £175.00 per person. Lunch (lots of it) included. Starts 10:00, ends around 4:30/5pm.
Make a weekend of it by combining this class with our ‘Wood – Fired Intermediate (Suffolk). The two classes together cost just £325.
Call us directly on 01803 752943 to take advantage of this offer.
We’re super excited to be heading off on our travels, spreading the woodfired love and look forward to seeing you there.