Woodfired Oven Cooking: Wood-Fired Oven 3 – Morso, Alfa and More
More and more people are using ovens of non-traditional design. These ovens differ from traditional ones insofar as they only have a stone floor and the oven itself is made from cast iron or steel. These ovens are still incredibly versatile but require different handling … which is why we’ve developed a brand new class using just cast iron and steel ovens.
This class is suitable for owners or prospective owners of Morso, Alfa, Maximus and Clementi ovens amongst others.
We’ll use a Morso Forno, Alfa 4 Pizze and Morso Grill Forno to demonstrate the full versatility of these wood-fired ovens and to give you as complete a picture as possible of how to get the best from your own oven and enjoy it fully.
Wood fired ovens are perfect for pizza but can also do so much more. We’ll show you how to use them in many ways :
- Flatbreads: pizza and more; making dough, shaping, topping and baking
- Fish: hot-smoked salmon, scallops roast in their shells
- Meat: rack of lamb, chicken breast
- Vegetarian: roast potatoes, grilled vegetables, stuffed mushrooms
- Pastry: Spiced Apple Empanadas
- Bread: Baguettes
We know from experience that using your oven to maximum effect takes a little getting used to and we’ll discuss many aspects of use:
- How the oven works
- Siting your oven
- Wood selection
- Lighting and heating the fire
- Measuring and controlling temperatures
- Cooking utensils and other equipment
This class is always sociable, great fun and a combination of demonstration and hands-on learning. We cook a lot of different dishes during the day and naturally we have to try them all.
Each course is limited to 12 places; £175.00 per person. Lunch (lots of it) is included. We starts at 10am and end around 4:30pm.
Call us directly on 01803 752943 to book or book online here.